WATCH ON DEMAND
Rewatch your favorite ASCAP Experience sessions from 2022 and catch up on the ones you missed!
The Story So Far: Celebrating 25+ Years of LeAnn Rimes
ASCAP Golden Note Award presentation to LeAnn and exclusive interview with Variety's Chris Willman
There is nobody quite like the GRAMMY Award-winning singer, songwriter, actress and author LeAnn Rimes. When LeAnn first blew up country radio in 1996 with her debut single “Blue,” she was a 13-year-old phenom with unbelievable vocals. She quickly became the youngest individual artist to win a GRAMMY, and the first country artist to win Artist of the Year at the Billboard Music Awards. Her blockbuster recording of “How Do I Live” set a record for the longest-charting single on the Billboard Hot 100 (69 weeks), before hitting #4 on Billboard’s Greatest of All Time: Hot 100 Songs chart. In the 25 years since, LeAnn has followed her muse from country to pop music, dance to “world Americana,” Christmas songs to chant music – all the while making every lyric her own, and selling over 48 million albums worldwide in the process. To celebrate the release of her highly-anticipated 19th studio album god’s work, this powerhouse vocalist joins us to take a look back at her remarkable life in music. She'll share how she gets to the heart of every song she sings, and how her artistry and her humanitarian work intertwine. Join us as we present LeAnn Rimes with the ASCAP Golden Note Award, commemorating her quarter century as a recording artist for the ages.
- LeAnn Rimes – GRAMMY-winning singer, songwriter, actress and author
- Chris Willman – Senior Music Writer and Chief Music Critic, Variety (moderator)
MUSIC IN THE METAVERSE: 4 STARTUPS SHAPING OUR NEW (EXTENDED) REALITY
Augmented reality. Mixed reality. Virtual reality. Whatever form it takes, the metaverse is opening up fascinating possibilities for music creators. In this mind-expanding session, four innovative startups will demonstrate how music can play an essential role in shaping our metaverse experiences and identities. These exciting music tech projects are being developed by the teams in the Music in the Metaverse Challenge – an innovation incubator organized by the ASCAP Lab in partnership with the NYC Media Lab.
- Popins takes entertainment to the next level by delivering the artists you love to your world as photorealistic three-dimensional holograms anytime, anywhere. popins.io
- OffBeat is the global community of music lovers that enables users to create their Music ID: a unique musical identity based on music consumption data, manually added tastes, and music NFT ownership that serves as a music passport across metaverse platforms and experiences. offbeat.community
- SolTunes utilizes a revolutionary music-generation algorithm to turn snippets of compositions from different creators into a multitude of musically-cohesive songs performed by pixel art bands, minted as NFTs, and integrated into blockchain gamified experiences. soltunes.io
- MetaCities recreates real-world locations in the metaverse (e.g., MetaVegas) and produces custom experiences in those spaces, with the next phase of development seeking to elevate music performances and experiences through avatars, holograms, and other digital technologies. meta-cities.com